Currently advertised roles within the Peel Parishes can be found below
TITLE OF POST: Peel Parishes Administrator
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Vicar/Incumbent of the Peel Parishes Revd. Jonathan Iddon
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Parish Administration
LOCATION: Peel Parishes Office, St Paul’s Church, Coleshill Street, Fazeley, Tamworth B78 3RQ
HOURS: 16 hours per week (core hours - 9am-Noon Mon-Fri & 1-hour flexible which with notice may on occasions include weekends or evenings)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced administrator to fulfil the role of Peel Parishes Administrator. The Peel Parishes is a group of two parishes, comprising of a total of four churches near Tamworth. The role is based in the church office at St. Paul’s Church, Fazeley. We are looking for the right person to fulfil this exciting role in managing and developing the administrative systems for the church. The post also includes providing administrative support to the Vicar and interacting with members of the church community and public.
The person appointed will:
• Have highly effective administrative and excellent time management skills.
• Have a warm and welcoming personality.
• Be competent in administering and developing office and administrative systems.
• Have experience of working alongside volunteers and as part of a team.
• Be effective in supporting the Vicar, Staff Team and Officers with requested administrative tasks.
• Be an excellent digital communicator with a high level of computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Website
maintenance and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter etc).
• Be pro-active, take initiative, demonstrate sensitivity, exercise discretion and apply common sense.
• Have an eye for detail to ensure detailed Diocesan policies are applied effectively and efficiently.
• Have some understanding of the Christian church and a willingness to work within the faith community.
Previous experience in an administrative role will be essential and some flexibility will be required to attend occasional evening / weekend meetings.
Principle duties of the role are:
• The overall running of the Parish Office.
• Maintaining the office / church diary ensuring that materials and supplies are prepared for forth-coming services and events.
• Dealing with daily correspondence (both post and emails), dealing with routine items, preparing and dispatching outgoing correspondence.
• Receiving telephone calls and visitors to the Parish Office including the initial enquiries regarding baptisms, weddings and funerals.
• Making and maintaining contact with church family, visitors and wider community.
• Preparation of documents for publication using desktop publishing software including taking responsibility for the weekly church newsletter.
• Maintaining Church Suite Application / church websites and Facebook pages.
• Maintaining the Office filing system, keeping files up to date and in good order and liaison with Diocese.
• Balancing collections / income and arranging for banking.
This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The salary will be £10 per hour paid monthly in arrears by the Lichfield Diocese (subject to any Tax / National Insurance deductions). There will be a six-month probationary period with a three-month review point. Remuneration will be reviewed annually in January.
All enquiries to Andy Wood (Warden) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application is by CV and covering letter which should clearly evidence the necessary background and skills required for the role. All applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd December. Interviews will be held w/c 4th January.